Road Bike Overview
If you want speed then a road bike is for you. They have a light frame, large wheels, 20 gears and are aero-dynamic. They also have a range of different pedals which heavily differ to the standard platform pedals found on most bicycles. The road bikes are the sort of bikes that you will find the Olympic athletes using, the seat and frame are made in a way that the rider has to lean forward which makes the whole bike aero-dynamic. Because of their light frame the road bikes are more fragile then your average bike, therefore they should only be ridden on flat surfaces. Road bikes are built for speed and efficiency. The key characteristics are;
Road Bike Brands:
There is a huge variety of road bike brands available on the market that manufacture bikes for beginners to professionals. Many of the high end road bike manufacturers specialise solely in road bike production. The list below lists popular road bike brands.
- Search for BMC Road Bikes.
- Search for Orbea Road Bikes.
- Search for Bianchi Road Bikes.
- Search for Pinarello Road Bikes.
- Search for Trek Road Bikes.
- Search for Giant Road Bikes.
- Search for Specialized Road Bikes.
- Search for Avanti Road Bikes.
- Search for Cannondale Road Bikes.
- Search for Malvern Star Road Bikes.
If you have any specific questions about Road bikes and the Road bike range, or would simply like to hear more about what makes Road racing and riding so much fun, please feel free to contact us.