EVO represents the rowdier side of our bike line and the Epic Comp EVO is no exception to the rule. We’ve added a longer travel fork and a dropper post to the Comp-level Epic to create a bike that’s just as fast, but offers even more control when the trail gets hectic.
A MORE EPIC KIND OF EPIC
Dropper posts and slightly longer forks may seem like overkill on an XC bike. We beg to differ. Epic EVOs are not only fast off the start line, they're even better suited to masochistically long rides, multi-day stage races, and fast backcountry missions.
HARDTAIL EFFICIENT. FULL-SUSPENSION CONTROL
Suspension should always make you faster—never slow you down with energy-sucking suspension bob. Our ingenious Brain-equipped shocks keep the Epic firm when the trail is smooth, then automatically turns your bike plush the moment your tires meet rocks and roots.
Type: Dual Suspension Mountain Bikes
Frame in inches: 17"
Riding Style: Cross Country
Wheel Size: 29"
Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle
Item condition: New
- Race-proven, alloy chassis and ingenious Brain suspension.
- 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork increases the EVO’s downhill capability.
- An X-Fusion Manic dropper seatpost increases control on steep descents.
- M5 premium aluminum with D'Aluisio Smartweld technology combines stiffness, strength, and light overall weight to deliver an off-the-hook race bike. Meanwhile, the new geometry, RockShox Brain shock, and 100mm of rear travel paired with a longer-travel (120mm) RockShox Reba RL fork, make the Epic EVO one of the most capable, fastest XC rigs available at any price.
- An extra 20 millimeters goes a long way when it comes to boosting a fork’s ability to suck up bumps. That’s why we’ve equipped the EVO with a 120mm-travel RockShox Reba RL fork.
- The 12-speed SRAM NX Eagle groupset brings the performance of Eagle—all the gearing you need to tackle the biggest, steepest climbs—in a simple, single-ring package. No front derailleurs necessary.
- An X-Fusion Manic seatpost brings you some much-needed drop for tackling steep descents, but it also features a zero-offset design that keeps your weight over the bottom bracket for the climbs.