MELBOURNE VICTORIA AUSTRALIA (close by)
Our Amazing Gippsland Cycle Tour starts in Cowes Philip Island and brings you to Prom Country, home to green rolling hills quirky country towns amazing wild beaches and the world famous Wilsons Prom National Park. This cycle tour is one that you will never forget.
Start your cycle in Cowes and pedal through Philip Island, vising parks and surf beaches along the way.
Visit the wild the empty, wild Bass Coast Beaches
Take a guided hiking tour to Wilsons Promontory National Park
Enjoy staying right on the cliffs over looking Bass Strait
Journey along the old Railway easements and Taste the fantastic wines and local produce
Love the vistas of lush green farmland, mountain ranges and pristine seascapes.
See the art and craft. Take time to see the galleries.
Explore Wilsons Prom by foot and get up close with wildlife and fabulous scenery.
Enjoy the Bunurong Cliffs with the fantastic coves and beaches.
Finish at the Long Jetty which travels a kilometer into Quiet Corner
Day 1: 38 km takes you on the back paths through Philip Island to Kilcunda where you will stay right on the cliff tops overlooking the amazing Bass Strait.
Day 2: 40 km sees you cycle to the old town of Wonthaggi and the State Coal Mine Museum where you can take an underground tour. Then pedal to Cape Paterson and have a swim between the flags. Finally enjoy the pedal along the Bunurong coast to Inverloch. Explore the hidden coves and beaches. .
Day 3: 42 km Enjoy a flat pedal to Leongatha through the Outtrim reserve and cemetery and into Leongatha along the old Stock Route. All day you will have views of the rolling green Strzeleckis.
Day 4: 37 km Enjoy a relaxing cycle along the Great Southern Rail Trail to the quirky Arty Fish Creek. Stop along the way at the fabulous cafes or cycle to the markets or the fabulous cafes.
Day 5: Off bike day. Today you are off to the amazing Wilsons Prom National Park on a guided tour with local expert Andrew. You can choose for a hike to Mt Oberon with its amazing views, a walk to Squeaky Beach or a maybe a walk around the ferny forests of Lilly Pilly Gully. Then enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch of fresh local produce. Take time to stop to see the native animals and have afternoon tea before returning to Fish Creek for the night.
Day 6: 37 km. On your last day you will finish the Great Southern Rail Trail all the way to the Long Jetty 1000m which juts out into Quiet Corner with sweeping views of Snake Island and Wilsons Prom. We will collect you and make sure you are in time for your return Vline coach to Melbourne from Leongatha
Type: Gravel Bike Tours
Duration: 4 - 6 Days
Rider Level: Intermediate
Distance Per Day: 21-40km
Bike Provided?: Yes
- Starts: Cowes Philip Island, easy access from Melbourne Airport
- Finishes: Port Welshpool with a transfer back to Leongatha for your VLine coach to Melbourne
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights.
- Total Distance: 200 km with optional additional kilometers if desired. Off bike Day with a guided hiking tour of Wilsons Prom included.
- Avg Distance: 40 km/day
- When to go? The best time is Oct to May. We operate this tour all year.
- Suitable for? Couples and Groups.
- Rating: Medium. This is a reasonably gentle tour with plenty of time to stop and relax. It has optional extra kilometers if you’d like to do them.
- Cost: $1,800pp twin share. $1,450pp for 4 cyclists twin share. $1,382pp for 6 cyclists twin share. E Bike option available.