A cycle tour which takes in the wild coastal scenery along the Bunurong Cliffs Coastal Park and the wonderful, Great Southern Rail Trail, Bass Coast Rail Trail and cycle path from Cowes to Anderson. This 6-day tour allows you to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Bass Coast and rural Gippsland.
Start at the lovely coastal Philip Island, home to surfing, the Fairy Penguins, The Koala Sanctuary and the motorcycle grand prix.
Cycle through the Roberts Reserve home to wild wallabies, koalas and other native animals and birds.
Pedal the magnificent the Bass Coast and Bunurong coasts with their spectacular coastal scenery
Explore the many hidden beaches and bays of the Bunurong Coastal reserve.
Love the century old trestle bridges on the Rail Trails, now converted to safe, scenic cycling tracks.
See spectacular Eagles Nest, where to our Australian first dinosaur fossil was discovered.
Explore Inverloch, a relaxed little coastal village with great shops, pubs and cafes set in natural surroundings.
Cycle through the lush, green rolling hills of Gippsland Dairy country.
Enjoy the old towns along the Rail Trails with their outstanding Art Galleries, Craft Stores and local produce.
Visit the State Coal Mine Wonthaggi and experience life at the coal face underground.
Enjoy the challenge of the Gippsland hills which are great fun to cycle.
See the Agnes Falls set in native ferns- Victoria’s highest single drop falls.
Climb up Ameys Track and enjoy the ferns.
Wander through the shops and art galleries of Fish Creek, a popular arts and crafts town with plenty of local food set amidst the dairy farms.
Start the ride with a night in Cowes and a visit to the world famous Fairy Penguins. We can arrange that for your family and collect you from your accommodation ready for your ride the next day.
Enjoy a day at Wilsons Promontory National Park. We will supply you with walk notes, drop you off and collect you at the end of the day. It is a wonderful, world famous National Park and Victoria’s favorite.
Type: Gravel Bike Tours
Duration: 4 - 6 Days
Rider Level: Intermediate
Distance Per Day: 41-60km
Bike Provided?: Yes
- Starts: Cowes, Bass Coast Victoria.
- Finishes: Leongatha, Gippsland
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Total Distance: 265 km
- Avg Distance: 45 kms / day. The route is a mixture of Rail Trails, roads, bike paths and a few connecting dirt trails.
- When to go? Starts every day of the week; Any time (except Dec 18 to Jan 12 inclusive).
- Suitable for? Adults and older teenagers.
- Rating: Medium. A reasonable level of fitness is required, this tour has plenty of time to stop and relax. Some optional challenges
- Cost: Prices start from $1760 per person based on twin share. Discounts provided for groups of 4 or more.