The Gippsland Plains Rail Trail starts in Traralgon. We can meet you with the bikes off the train from Melbourne and you are ready to go! Its a lovely flat easy cycle perfect for beginners, families and groups. There are lots of little towns to explore along the way – Glenagarry, Cowwarr, Tinamba, Maffra and Stratford
Sweeping views of the Great Dividing Range.
Easy, flat cycling through prime dairy, grape and vegetable country
Fun towns to explore with lots of old pubs
Journey along the old Railway easement and Taste the fantastic wines and local produce
From Friday to Monday see the amazing Gippsland Vehicle Collection Motor Museum.
See the art and craft. Take time to see the galleries.
Stay in Tinamba and enjoy Gippslands finest dining at the Tinamba Hotel
Appreciate the old country towns of yesteryear and their architecture.
Enjoy your finish in Stratford on Avon at the yummy cafes.
Type: Gravel Bike Tours
Duration: 1 - 3 Days
Rider Level: Beginner
Distance Per Day: 21-40km
Bike Provided?: Yes
- Starts: Traralgon Gippsland, easy access from Melbourne by train
- Finishes: Stratford, in time for the train back to Melbourne
- Duration: 2 days / 1 nights.
- Total Distance: 63 km with optional additional kilometers if desired.
- Avg Distance: 32 km/day
- When to go? All year; best Sept thru April
- Suitable for? Couples, Groups, Families.
- Rating: Easy and Flat, perfect for beginners.
- Cost: $880 pp twin share. $990 for a family of 4. Ask us about groups of 4 or more.