This cycle, in beautiful green southern Gippsland, is perfect for a weekend getaway. This 2 night, 2 day tour allows you to escape the city and relax, at your pace.
This 2 Night 2 Day cycle tour is the perfect weekend or mid-week getaway. Explore all, or part of, the historic 72 km long Great Southern Rail Trail in beautiful, emerald green south Gippsland. The quirky, arty towns are easily accessible and offer many options for the distances you may prefer to cycle. You will love the panoramic vistas of Wilsons Prom and Quiet Corner while you watch out for native animals along the way. Stop at the cafes, enjoy dinner in an historic Aussie Pub or great little restaurants and see the buildings of yesteryear. There are lots of tastes and fantastic scenery to explore. Everything is taken care of – we book your coach from Melbourne and meet you when you arrive. This route is all on cycle paths unless you choose the Grand Ridge challenge ride on quiet roads. This Cycle Tour can be adapted to you.
Choose from an easy tour along the tour to a big weekend adventure up the Stzrelecki Hills. See the Specifications for more information or ask us.
Type: Gravel Bike Tours
Duration: 1 - 3 Days
Rider Level: Beginner
Distance Per Day: Varied
Bike Provided?: Yes
- Starts: Melbourne Southern Cross for transport to Leongatha. or arrive in Leongatha by car.
- Finishes: Leongatha for transport to Melbourne Southern Cross. Or we will return you to your car.
- Duration: 2 days / 2 nights
- Total Distance: From 32 km to 72 km along the Great Southern Rail trail or 160km into the hinterland beyond the Rail Trail. The choice is yours!
- Avg Distance: You choose – it can be as little or as much cycling as you like. We have short options of 15 km per day; 35 – 45 km per day; or longer 75-80 km per day challenge rides where you can take off from the Rail Trail to explore the hilly hinterland and waterfalls. Our family rides keep it flexible so you can choose
- When to go? Any time.
- Suitable for? Families, Couples, Groups.
- Rating: Easy. This is a fairly gentle tour with plenty of time to stop and relax. Hard. If you choose the hill climbs beyond the Rail trail up to the Grand Ridge Road.