A cycle tour which showcases the Bass Coast and the Great Southern Rail Trails. You will start on the Phillip Island cycle paths and visit some of the famous Phillip Island Bass Coast Beaches and the quiet beaches along the shores of Westernport, the amazing Bass Coast Rail Trail with its huge trestle bridge, the wild coastal scenery of the Bunurong Reserve and the rolling dairy country with views to Wilsons Promontory.
This 4-day tour allows you to experience the sights, sounds and tastes of the Bass Coast and rural Gippsland. Travelling by bicycle on Rail Trails, quiet roads and cycle paths this tour takes you to some of the most beautiful places on Phillip Island, the scenic Bass Coast and the green rolling hills of Southern Gippsland. You will have vistas of the wild ocean, the lush green rolling foothills of the Gippsland Strzelecki Ranges and over Wilsons Promontory National Park. You will have a chance to experience what life was like for the Miners of the early 1900’s in the State Coal Mine at Wonthaggi where you can go on an underground tour.
You have 4 days’ cycling, averaging around 32kms each day, with an option to do some or all of the Bass Coast Walk which starts at Kilcunda with its fantastic views, amazing headlands and protected coves. You have plenty of time to swim in one of the many beaches, play on the sand when there are no swimming flags, stop in cafes, enjoy the parks, take in the Art Galleries, sample the local produce, explore the old time country towns, have fun at Amaze’n’things, enjoy the museums or simply relax. Every day is different, and we know you’ll just love it!
On top of all that, you can look forward to lovely accommodation each night too! You can be assured a warm welcome and a great sleep each night.
Type: Gravel Bike Tours
Duration: 4 - 6 Days
Rider Level: Beginner
Distance Per Day: 21-40km
Bike Provided?: Yes
- Tour Details:
- Starts: Cowes, Bass Coast Victoria.
- Finishes: Port Welshpool Victoria
- Access: Easy access from Melbourne Southern Cross Station
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Total Distance: 128 km + optional 12 km side trip
- Terrain: The route is a mixture of Rail Trails, quiet roads and bike paths – nothing technical at all.
- Avg Distance: 32 kms / day
- When to go? All year. Best from Sept thru May. Book early for January as places are very limited.
- Suitable for? Families, Couples, Groups.
- Rating: Easy. This is a fairly gentle tour with plenty of time to stop and relax.
- Cost: $995 pp twin share; $2,100 for families of upto 4; Ask us for larger families. Discounts for 2 groups or more.