A wonderful 28 Day/28 Night Sydney to Melbourne Cycle Tour, over 1000 kms, exploring the stunning beaches, rolling countryside, historical country towns and spectacular huge forests of Gippsland and Southern NSW. Get up close to Australian native animals and birds. Love the fresh air and clear skies.
Sector 1 Explore the beautiful NSW south coast, from the Royal National Park to the crystal clear waters of Jervis Bay. You will have an afternoon eco-adventure boat tour on Jervis Bay, home to the whitest sand in the world.
Sector 2 Transfer to Canberra for cycle around Lake Burley Griffin and see why Canberra is known as the Bush Capitol. Then enjoy a night at the historic Royal Arms in Nimmitabel.
Sector 3 In the morning you will be collected by Snowy River Cycling for a 3 day guided tour of the remote Errinundra Plateau with its beautiful cool temperate rainforest. At the end of your guided tour you will stay the night at Marlo where the Snowy River meets the sea. Your next 4 days will see you cycle the East Gippsland Rail Trail with its immense trestle bridges and Gippsland Lakes Discovery Trail that takes you into the heart of Lakes Entrance right on the beach. You will finish this sector in beautiful Bairnsdale where you can visit the historic mural church painted during the 1930’s depression.
Sector 4 The next sector of your Sydney to Melbourne cycle tour is a fantastic mix of open plains, southern temperate rainforest, wonderful country towns and big rivers. You will have time to explore the Tarra-Bulga National Park, hidden within the Strzelecki Ranges, featuring lush fern-filled gullies, giant Mountain Ash and ancient Myrtle Beech.
Sector 5 From Yarram you will cycle the Southern Strzelecki Ranges through wonderful arty crafty country towns to the stunning Bunurong cliffs and Bass Coast Rail Trail. You will have time to explore the magnificent, wild, George Bass Coastal Walk and visit the fairy penguins on Phillip Island.
Sector 6 Your final sector takes you right into the heart of Melbourne along the iconic Beach Road, the premier cycle route in Australia. Your last night will be in 4 star accommodation right ion the heart of Melbourne so you can celebrate completing the Sydney to Melbourne Southern States Cycle Tour.
Type: Gravel Bike Tours
Duration: 3 weeks +
Rider Level: Intermediate
Distance Per Day: 41-60km
Bike Provided?: Yes
- Starts Waterfall Station, just south of Sydney, NSW
- Finishes Melbourne, Victoria
- Duration 28 days / 28 nights incl 4 rest/off bicycle days
- Total Distance 1,100 km plus optional additional kilometers.
- Avg Distance 40 – 50 kms / day on quiet roads, rail trails and cycle paths
- When to go? Due to local weather, start dates are: Late Sept to late Nov; Late Feb to late April.
- Suitable for? Couples, Groups. Ask us for group pricing.
- Rating Medium. The route requires a reasonable level of fitness and cycling competence.
- Cost 2 people $12,980 pp twin share; 4 people $8,990 pp twin share; 6 people $7,590 pp twin share