Hybrid Bike Overview
Hybrid bikes are a mix between a Mountain and Road/Racer. Why would you need a bike that is a mix of a mountain bike and road racer? Well the large wheels make it more efficient then a mountain bike and the wider tyre rims make it stronger then a racer. With this bike you get the best of both worlds.
The hybrid bike has more of a mountain bike frame and has the gears and seat for luxury rides. These hybrid bikes are ideal for those longer rides on on paved roads. The suspension makes those long distance rides a lot more comfortable.
Characteristics of Hybrid Bikes
- Larger 700c wheels that make them more efficient than a Mountain bike.
- Wider rims and tyres that make them stronger than Road/Racers.
- Flat comfortable handlebars similar to a Mountain bike that allows the rider to sit in a more upright, comfortable position.
- Comes with between 18-27 gears.
- Often have suspension forks and seat post.
- Great for long rides on paved surfaces if comfort is your priority.
Hybrid Bike Brands
There is a wide range of hybrid bike brands available, bellow is a list of popular hybrid brands:
Search for Apollo Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Avanti Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Fuji Hybrid Bikes.
Search for GT Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Merida Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Mongoose Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Norco Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Specialized Hybrid Bikes.
Search for Trek Hybrid Bikes.