Liv, formerly known as Livgiant, recently became a stand-alone brand to show Giant’s full commitment to women’s bikes, accessories and apparel. In 2015 both Liv’s Avail and Defy range was completely re-launched, meaning the Liv Avail Advanced SL 1 got quite the over-haul.
This bike suits a rider who: Is looking for a comfortable all-rounder roady versus an aggressive set-up. Someone who enjoys a quality social session with the bunch.
This bike loves riding:
Long sessions on the road that are to be enjoyed.
- Full women’s specific geometry – shorter in the top-tube, a little higher at the front end to make for a comfortable road riding position
- Advanced SL level carbon composite frame
- Shimano hydraulic disc brakes for consistent and quality braking in all kinds of weather
- 22-speed Shimano Ultegra electronic drivetrain and compact crankset to aid in the ascents
- Integrated D-Fuse seatpost to cut down some of the bike’s weight and make for a really compliant and more comfortable ride
- Full internal cable routing
- Giant P-SL 0 disc specific wheelsystem
- Supper glossy frame finish
You’d buy this bike if….:
You’re after a really comfortable road bike for great, longer Sunday rides.