Saturday 26 November - Sunday 4 December 2011
Transport yourself into a week in another world on one of the world’s best bike rides: The RACV
Great Victorian Bike Ride.
Vincent Ciardulli, Bicycle Victoria's Event General Manager, said: “The RACV Great Victorian Bike
Ride is an extraordinary event. Ask someone who has been on the ride, they will tell you that it's a
holiday you'll remember all your life”.
Organised by Bicycle Victoria, the 2011 bike riding starts in Swan Hill with a loop ride before
meandering the Murray River for three days to Echuca.
After a rest day in Echuca enjoying its paddle steamers and boating history, the ride will continue
through historic gold towns, before riding triumphantly into Castlemaine.
The 590 kilometre bike riding escape is perfect for people who love exploring, like to have fun, meet
people and get fit at the same time.
In 2011 there are a range of options to suit all bike riders.
• 9 day RACV Great Victorian Bike Ride from Swan Hill to Castlemaine (590kms)
• 3 day Mighty Murray Ride from Swan Hill to Barham. 26 – 28 Nov (200kms)
• 3 day Goldfields Ride from Boort to Castlemaine. 2 – 4 Dec (180kms)
• 1 day Great Vic Loop, Swan Hill. 26 Nov (54kms)
• 1 day Great Vic Finale from Maryborough to Castlemaine, 4 Dec (53kms)
“With the Murray River and the Goldfields as a backdrop the route will include some quiet country
backroads that make bike riding the best way to have a holiday,” said Mr Ciardulli.
"For many the bike riding plays a secondary role to being in a unique space. It's no surprise that the
atmosphere is incredibly social. By the end of the week you will feel invigorated in mind, body and
spirit" Mr Ciardulli added.
• The nine-day ride is a fully catered, tent-based holiday. There is extensive back up including
luggage transport, a licensed cafe under canvas, massage, full medical team, and bicycle repair
• The Entry fee for the 9 day ride is $835 for adults, $599 for children under 18, $299 for under
13 years and free for 5 and under. After 29 July prices rise $100.
• The Entry fee for the 3 day (Mighty Murray and Goldfields) ride is $425 for adults, $299 for
children under 18, $149 for under 13 years and free for 5 and under. After 29 July prices rise $50.
Public inquiries: People wanting more information can visit www.greatvic.com.au or call 1800 616 600
Media inquiries: John Myers on 03 9818 6339 or 0409 215 120
Vincent Ciardulli, Bicycle Victoria's Event General Manager on 03 8636 8840 or 0417 338 715