Online entries for the Bupa Around the Bay in a Day close this Friday 30 September, so register now and tell your mates to get on board so you can all be a part of a truly fantastic event.
The Bupa Around the Bay in a Day will be held on Sunday 16 October, 2011 and there are a range of different rides which can accommodate all experience levels.
Here is a list of the rides available:
- The 50km takes in the scenic Hobsons Bay,
- The 100km is a new added route which has two options of Sorrento to Melbourne or Melbourne to Frankston to Melbourne,
- The 135km ride will take you from Geelong to Melbourne
- The three 210km routes have the options of an anti-clockwise ride around Port Phillip Bay departing from Oueenscliff or Sorrento, which both include a ferry and the other option is without a ferry.
- The final route is a mammoth 250km ride which takes you around the Port Phillip Bay.
All rides start and finish in the centre of Melbourne at Alexandra Gardens, except for the 100km and 135km rides, which start in Sorrento and Geelong.
Make your contribution to a great cause and get sponsored in an effort to raise money for The Smith Family that aims to raise $1.2M to help provide disadvantaged kids the support they need.
If riding is not for you then become a volunteer as the Bupa Around the Bay relies on its volunteers to help organise and maintain a successful event throughout the day.
So get involved, join in the fun and festivities and help us continue the ongoing success of the Bupa Around the Bay.
If you would like to know more about the 2011 Bupa Around the Bay in a Day click here.