EXODUS Namibia Tour - What You Can Expect
- Riding difficulty – Moderate – 60kms per day covered, 65% off road, (mixture of tarmac and gravel roads), some gentle hills but nothing too technical
- Country/Locations visited – Namibia
- Highlights – Cycling alongside the world’s highest sand dunes , dropping in to the Cheetah Conservation Foundation, plus wildlife encounters at the Etosha National Park.
- Rating – Camping, with a mix of standard hotels/lodges.
- Inclusives – 8 nights full-service camping, 3 nights in standard lodges and 1 night comfortable hotel/lodge, 12 breakfasts, 4 lunches and 6 dinners.
- Approx. cost - $2,720 to $2,890 for 13 days
- Tour availabilities - book throughout the year, there are 5 different departure options planned for 2013 – April, June, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Namibia is a vast country with wide open spaces and massive, endless skies. Sand dunes gradually turn into granite hills, whilst rocky outcrops with ancient paintings give way to vast plains where elephants, giraffes and lions roam.
Travelling through the wilderness from behind the handlebar is, undoubtedly, one of the best ways of experiencing the varied landscape of this desert nation.
Discover the country's highlights on two wheels and go on game drives in one of southern Africa's best game reserves, Etosha National Park.
Combining the sense of freedom of exploring by bike with the sense of adventure of an overland truck, to cover large distances, this trip mixes Namibia's breathtaking scenery with its fantastic game viewing opportunities.
Transfer to the Kupferberg Pass and cycle past local farms towards Gamsberg Pass and Rooisand.
Cycle along gravel trails towards Solitaire; transfer to Sesriem.
Sunrise cycle past the sand dunes of Sossusvlei; hike to Hiddenvlei; afternoon transfer/cycle to Solitaire.
Morning cycle through the Namib Naukluft Desert; transfer to Walvis Bay and cycle along the Atlantic Ocean to Swakopmund.
Free day to enjoy optional activities such as quad biking, sandboarding, sky-diving or a dolphin cruise.
Transfer then cycle towards Spitzkoppe granite rocks; transfer and cycle towards Brandberg, the highest mountain in Namibia (2600m).
Cycle past Herrero and Himba villages; transfer and cycle towards the Aba Huab area; afternoon visit Twyfelfontein's rock-paintings.
Day 9 - 10
Drive to Etosha N.P. and spend two days on game drives and at waterholes viewing wildlife.
Morning game drive and transfer out of the park; afternoon visit to the Cheetah Conservation Foundation before cycling gravel roads past farms.
Short transfer then cycle towards the red sandstone table mountain of the Waterberg Plateau; optional afternoon game-viewing hike.
Optional morning cycle before being transferred back to Windhoek; end Windhoek.
Exodus have a TUSCANY CYCLING ADVENTURE worth $1,580 up for grabs! To go in the draw to WIN this awesome tour worth $1,580 all you need to do is enter your details! Click HERE
To find out more about cycling and adventure tours at Exodus, check out their site http://www.exodus.co.uk/cycling.