ASIA ADVENTURES Tour Vietnam - What You Can Expect
- Riding difficulty – Moderate to hard flat courses – 40 - 120 kms per day covered
- Country/Locations visited – Vietnam and Cambodia (Saigon to Siem Reap)
- Highlights – You are truly immersed in Cambodian/Vietnamese culture with rice paddies, villages and rubber plantations throughout the tour. The spectacular ancient temples of the Khmer Empire are simply amazing.
- Rating – Accommodation is mostly 2 - 3 star
- Inclusives – Tour runs for 13 days and includes accommodation, air conditioned support vehicle, English speaking local guides, on tour mechanic, drinking water, face towels and snacks whilst riding, and most meals.
- Approx. cost - $2,400 for 13 days (prices decrease as your group gets larger)
- Tour availabilities - book throughout the year for travel until 30th September 2013
A cycle tour is undoubtedly the best way to really connect with a country, its people, to experience the tempo of village life, and escape the well trodden tourist trail. This Saigon to Siem Reap cycle tour is fully supported and fully guided, and it keeps you away from the main roads which many similar tours follow. Your cycle tour of Vietnam begins with easy cycling as you explore the wonderful watery world and traditional lifestyle of the Mekong Delta. After a few days you bid farewell to Vietnam and enter Cambodia via a remote coastal border crossing. Cycling through Cambodia you pass endless rice paddies, take breaks in everyday villages, explore the charming capital Phnom Penh, ride through shady rubber plantations, before culminating in the discovery of the spectacular ancient temples of the mighty Khmer Empire. For anyone wanting to discover the real Vietnam and Cambodia, this is the tour for you!