Experience a world of adventure and get off the beaten track...literally! World Expeditions pioneered cycle adventures beginning in India in 1978 and continue to create groundbreaking itineraries to keep you off the main roads. Here are two unforgettable trips to see the world at handlebar level – cruise around the ancient temples of Angkor Wat or freewheel down the world’s highest road in the Himalaya.
Special Offer: Save 10% when you book before 14 March 2014
Our journey begins in the fast paced Ho Chi Minh City, which we leave behind for the quieter rural roads to the Cu Chi Tunnels. Crossing through to Cambodia we delight in the lush green countryside and rice fields where the locals will amaze us with their warmth and hospitality. We have time to absorb the exquisite palaces, pagodas and French inspired architecture of Phnom Penh, before we cycle around the renowned complex of Angkor.
- Experience the bustling streets of Ho Chi Minh City and visit the cultural highlights of Phnom Penh
- Crawl through the Cu Chi tunnels
- Visit the historic coastal towns of Kep and Kampot
- Cycle through the Angkor archaeological park
- Delight in the lush green country-side and fertile rice fields
- Witness the beautiful carved temple of Banteay Srei
12 days | Grade 4: Introductory | Departs Ho Chi Minh, ends Siem Reap | View departure dates, trip notes and pricing.
The Leh to Manali road exits on many cyclists’ bucket lists. Leh is the capital of Ladakh – a small region tucked up high in the northwest of the Indian Himalayas. Close to the edge of the great Indian Plains is Manali, a tourist mecca surrounded by mountains and a landscape that looks like Switzerland. Between the two cities, the road tenuously climbs over high passes and crosses desert plain, providing long gentle uphill grinds and stunning downhill descents on bikes. Read more from Geoff Gabites, who cycled the route in August 2013.
- Challenge yourself! A high alpine cycle on one of the world’s highest and most rugged mountain roads
- Traverse the West Himalaya – the Zanskar, Himalaya and Pir Panjal Ranges
- Freewheel from the Kardung La (5602m), the world’s highest road
- Cycle through the verdant meadows and conifer forests of the Kullu Valley
- Be awed by magnificent mountain vistas of snowcapped ranges and rugged gorges
- Take in ancient Bhuddist culture while exploring Buddhist monasteries and forts
15 days | Grade 7: Challenging | Departs & ends Delhi | View departure dates, trip notes and pricing.
Image by, Geoff Gabites