With the focus this week on Germany’s Bayern Rundfahrt, we’re continuing our keenness for all things European with a look at Eurocycles’ Gepida Alboin 1000 Men’s Hybrid/Touring/Commuter e-bike.
Gepida bikes have been produced in Budapest since 1993, and the business was one of the world’s earliest adopters of the e-bike concept (their first launch was in 2008).
The whole attraction with this Gepida e-bike is having the freedom of choice to pedal under your own steam, or kick in the premium Bosch e-bike system and its Classic+ motor, which can take you up to 25km/h absolutely, completely effortlessly.
Now the idea of cruising around Bavaria watching the Bayern Rundfahrt and indulging in the odd brewhaus stop-over is looking mighty appealing… So what else is on offer with the Alboin?
- Shimano 10-speed SLX-10 rear derailleur system (provides 200 per cent additional input from the Bosch motor)
- Shimano Deore (or optional Magura MT4) hydraulic disc brakes (low servicing requirements)
- Shimano hub dynamo powering a super bright head and tail light
- SKS German mud guards
- Selle royal Italian saddle
- Suntour front suspension forks
- Frame sizes: 52cm (medium) and 56cm (large)
- 25.4kg in weight (battery included)
And if you’re not the only one itching for an e-bike, you’ll be pleased to hear there’s also a women’s drop bar version available (44 and 48cm frames). Trip for two to Bavaria, anyone…?!
Are you in the market for a commuter that can literally kick-in some extra power on those days when you need a little lift? Looking for a touring bike that will let you hit the road at your own pace, but give you the opportunity to dial down the effort without compromising too much pace? Jump on board the e-bike wave and check out the Gepida Alboin.